Healthy Saute Mushrooms and Collard Greens
Here is a simple, quick way to prepare hearty collard greens. I try and use seasonal mushrooms. Feel free to use any variety of mushroom that is fresh (and preferably local)!
Source: Hollis Baley, NTP
For 3 Person(s)
- 15 whole Shitake mushrooms, halved or quartered
- 4 cup(s) collard greens (Swiss Chard and beet greens are great as well!)
- 3 whole cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup(s) bone broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) bacon fat or butter
Healthy Saute Mushrooms and Collard Greens Directions
- Turn the stove-top on med-high heat. Add bone broth and butter while the pan is heating. Once the butter is melted add the mushrooms and saute them until tender (about 8 mins.). Add salt, pepper, and minced garlic for the last 2-3 mins. while cooking the mushrooms. Cut the greens into small chunks and add to the saute pan and stir until well-coated with the liquids. Let cook until tender and well-wilted stirring frequently.