Aromatic Seasoning Salt
I have a few jars of these seasoning salts on my counter. They are fun to add to simple dishes like roasted vegetables and fresh salads for a little extra flare. Use them in any dish for a hint of extra flavor!
For 1 Serving(s)
- 3 cup(s) coarse sea salt
- 3/4 cup(s) fresh herbs or 1/3 cup(s) dried herbs
- 6 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Aromatic Seasoning Salt Directions
- Add the salt, herbs, garlic and pepper flakes to a food processor and grind together until well combined.
- Store the salt in glass jars with the lid open for a couple of days to let the salt dry out completely.
- Once the salt is dry place a lid on the jars and store at room temperature and use as needed.
- I like to experiment with different herb combinations and I do find that using fresh herbs tends to give a better aroma to the salt. Try rosemary and thyme or cilantro, basil and mint! You won't be disappointed!