Arugula Salad with Avocado-Citrus Dressing
Enjoy this salad as a meal or as a side to the main course. I just love the combination of avocado and citrus!
For 2 Dozen(s)
- 1 whole avocado
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch(es) black pepper
- 1 pinch(es) sea salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) raw organic honey or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon(s) chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh basil
- 2 1/2 cup(s) fresh arugula leaves
- 2 ounce(s) kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 2 ounce(s) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoon(s) freshly shaved raw parmesan cheese (optional)
Arugula Salad with Avocado-Citrus Dressing Directions
- Toss the arugula, kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes and parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad mixture, toss well and enjoy!
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the avocado, red onion, lime juice, grapefruit juice, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper in a food processor. Once blended, leave the food processor running and add the olive oil, honey or maple syrup, cilantro, mint, and basil leaves. Process for about 30 seconds until herbs are well chopped.